• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

80 Rear E-Locker Guards

sleeoffroad

Hard Core 4+
We have these now ready to ship or deliver to the meeting next week. $59.

sof1117_450.jpg

Last edited:

bskey

Nice. Will this fit an '86 4Runner rear?

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Does your truck have an elocker?

Christo - do you have any pictures that are a little farther back, showing the whole diff?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
+1 on the minitruck elocker, will it fit?

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
It will NOT fit a mini E-locker. The rear is different from the front. Mini e-locker guards will fit the front of an 80 but only if they have enough clearance for the tie rod. There is a lot of folks making mini E-locker guards....example from Marlin.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
It will NOT fit a mini E-locker. The rear is different from the front. Mini e-locker guards will fit the front of an 80 but only if they have enough clearance for the tie rod. There is a lot of folks making mini E-locker guards....example from Marlin.
Well, I knowd that. Just tryin' to throw bux in our own backyard.

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
Mine has a factory guard around it. What's up with that?

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I will take better pics once I can mount it to a diff on the truck.

Well if you need a sample vehicle to attach one of dem dar gaurds to for a photo shoot let me know :hill:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Awesome product Christo! Fit and finish were.....well.... Slee quality! ;) Bolts were about 3/16" too long but other than that it's a awesome addition! :thumb::thumb:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Awesome product Christo! Fit and finish were.....well.... Slee quality! ;) Bolts were about 3/16" too long but other than that it's a awesome addition! :thumb::thumb:

How about a few pictures, Uncle Ben? :bowdown:

simps80

Rising Sun Member
i know this is old but what the heck

so I put slee's elocker guard on...
really straight forward unless you strip the head off the hardest-bolt-to-get-to-cause-you're-upside-down-underneath-and-turn-the-bolt-the-wrong-way...

figured I'd share these pics anyway even though this is 2 yrs old.

slee's guard is amazing quality of course as I am sure many know by now....

access.jpg

so I had to go in from the wheel well cause best access to top bolts is jacking up truck, then letting axle droop. through the right rear wheel well, you can get to all 4 real easy. Had to do that after doing the aforementioned bone-head-strip-job

stock.jpg

The only thing I was concerned about was the fact that the electrical connector plug was kind of left out in the open. Stock guard is thin, but does offer that tab showin the above picture over one electrical connector...

stock2.jpg

So, I split that portion off of original guard to re-use in conjunction with slee guard; it's thin but that tab is the only protection for the one electrical plug exposed and that portion will mount up perfectly with the two studs used on stock configuration....

mounted.jpg

This is the final pic of the slee guard mounted plus the trimmed portion of the original guard mounted using the two stock mounting studs. This should provide additional protection with that tab over the electrical plug. Granted it is thin and probably totally unecessary but the plug is physically up higher and protected from direct contact by its position.
The only possible contact would be from some kind of debris kicking up and hitting it, this trimmed portion of stock guard should care for that type of scenario, plus its super-easy to do since the trimmed portion includes the two mount points. So well worth the extra five minutes to re-use that little chunk of the stocker IMO

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
:cool: idea about using part of the stock guard Mike

I'll have to see if I kept mine and do the same as I had the same concern about the harness...Not problems in a year plus but hey, easy enough to do so why not :)

simps80

Rising Sun Member
that was kinda my thought; easy enough to do, studs still there doing nothing, throwing away the old one anyway.....

;)