• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

80 percent jig

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
anyone have one and can drill a couple for me. (i bought two in case i screwed up the first one ;) )

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
I didn't see a thing...if, anyone have the stuff and can monutor and tutor me?

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
You gotta drill your own! Otherwise it's manufacturing.
14028934_0.jpg

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
If youre ever looking for more lowers, Tactical Machining and Right to Bear Arms seem to have the best deals on keyhole 80's...Forget about polymer lowers no matter how good they sound...Only nice thing about those is how fast they cut. Also steer clear of the drill press ones unless youre using a vert mill and if so, theres other go fast parts you can pretty easily make.

Ive used both the Gen-1 & Gen-2 80% arms jigs. However I did not like their gen-1 .308 jig. It didnt have enough support in the assembly of it to keep it square and tight in my opinion. But thats a moot point, as its all in the same jig now.

Last edited:

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
I hear they are pretty close to enacting a 3 day waiting period for drill presses to keep us safe from all you 80% guys. Close to one million people are injured by power tools every year. We need tighter restrictions. The Founding Fathers could only envision a world with hand tools.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I hear they are pretty close to enacting a 3 day waiting period for drill presses to keep us safe from all you 80% guys. Close to one million people are injured by power tools every year. We need tighter restrictions. The Founding Fathers could only envision a world with hand tools.
Ban assualt tools....in that case we should ban hammers, they assault me all the time. Also pry bars. Even more when I combine the two.

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
its only matter of time until everything has to be controlled because of liability, creating revenue etc..