• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

80 panhard correction bracket

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Anyone done this to their 80?

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
I have not but I've been considering it. Delta VS also makes one.

There is a good thread on Mud explaining the geometry and the benefits of this v.s. an adjustable bar. From what I have read the truck should track better and act less crazy when you hit a rut. Probably only needed for lifts over 2.5".

If anyone has I would love to hear some feedback.

Last edited:

satchel

Rising Sun Member
I have the delta. The higher the lift you have the more you will benefit from it. I added it on mine in a search for better handling and it was definitely helpful in scenarios where you are traveling at high speed and go over a bump to keep the axle from moving side to side.

It can be the difference of your axle moving back and forth (driver to passenger) 1/4" to a couple of inches when driving over bumps depending on how much lift you have.

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
I have delta one. I couldnt feel much of an improvement with handling until I added a fair amount of weight to the icon lift.(a rtt up top and a short bus up front. no sliders and factory rear bumper). handling seems to be quite a bit more stable now.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
I am running the Delta. It's pretty awesome. Took away a lot of the sway in the rear end, especially at higher speeds.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i've been running the delta one for years. although fat bastard the crap slinky lift really makes it unstable, the delta helped out a little bit.

Nay

Hard Core 4+
I am using the 3” delta on a 5.5” lift. It does improve tire stuff alignment by keeping the panhard nearer to stock length in addition to road handling.

Most people probably still have an adjustable panhard particularly to refresh bushings, but lifting the axle end is the proper alignment.

Delta is bolt on so it’s easier if you don’t weld. This is in the category of “nice to have”.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Will this possibly alleviate my driveshaft playing slap and tickle with my fuel tank skid on my 4runner? It would be an added benefit and push me over the edge to buying one.

Pz10420

Trail Ready
I have been using this on my 80 for a couple years now, no complaints here. Pretty easy install if you can weld. I only used the axle side mount because that was enough to level out my bar with the emu lift I’m running.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I put the Delta bracket on my 80 a month ago. 2” or so OME lift.
The truck drives better than it has the past 20 years I’ve owned it. The rear end no longer hops around. Stays planted.
I don’t know anything about the weld-on product you linked.
The Delta bracket is engineered and bolt on. Various heights available.
I’ll have to find my before and after pictures

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Before and after. (ignore the jack and stands, it was still on the ground)
Do you need it? I drove my 80 the past 240,000 miles without it. However this one makes the truck handle loads better reducing long drive fatigue, improving steering predictability, making bumpy roads feel lest bumpy (by all but eliminating the side-to-side motion).

1 - Before.JPEG
2 - After.JPEG

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Notice how the Delta bracket races to the upper control arm bracket. It may not seem like a big deal, but lifting the panhard to axle attachment point adds leverage.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Notice how the Delta bracket races to the upper control arm bracket. It may not seem like a big deal, but lifting the panhard to axle attachment point adds leverage.
I never noticed that before looking at photos. Does it just sit around the bracket or does it actually attach there and change the control arm mounting point?

I can't wait to have kids so I can drag them under the truck whenever I hear "when am I going to use geometry in real life?".

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Does it just sit around the bracket or does it actually attach there and change the control arm mounting point?
It bolts in where the panhard used to bolt in, then the panhard bolts to it.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I never noticed that before looking at photos. Does it just sit around the bracket or does it actually attach there and change the control arm mounting point?
As Ige wrote "It bolts in where the panhard used to bolt in, then the panhard bolts to it," (there the DV bracket goes inside the panhard original location). The DV bracket then wraps outside the UCA bracket. A longer replacement bolt is included for the UCA, you re-use the panhard bolt in eth original bracket hole, a new panhard bolt is included for the new bolt location.

coax

Hard Core 4+
I ran one of the Delta's on the rear of my cruiser too, noticed some improvment but wasn't massive for me (varied between 2.5 and 3.5" lift). Not sure if I had one of the early ones but fitment of the bolt holes to mount to axle wasn't all that great and took a bunch of force to get italigned. Also trimmed part of the bracket and length of one of the bolts to be able to install easier on the Driver Side as with slee springs there was contact on the bolt.

All said and done it was worth while. New steering box, correct alignment and aligned rear axle made for much less fatiguing driving.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Did you ever end up going with the PCK Hulk? I'm about to up my lift in the rear of my 4runner and it seems like the PCK is the only bracket option for my truck. I'm wonder how much it would cost to get it burned in (I'd probably do both top and bottom as I'm looking at probably 3.5"-4" of lift with LC coils I'm about to install in the rear). Just the cost of the kit though is so much cheaper than about any other option out there.