• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

80 cup holder

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hants, here's the cup holder we were talking about. It says Euro Spillmaster Jr. on it, I think I got it at Pep Boys but it may have been Checker or possibly AutoZone.. here's one on line.

Be careful when you screw it down, there's a speed sensor doodad below the shifter hump deal that you don't want to poke. I just went for it and got lucky, but maybe pull that plastic hump up once just to familiarize yourself with what's under there.

It holds stuff as small as a RedBull, and as big as a Nalgene. My most common applications are pictured below.. :eek: and man I didn't realize how dirty my truck is, I am off to go clean that right now.

Attachments

• cupholder1.jpg
    cupholder1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 590
  • cupholder2.jpg
    cupholder2.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 568
  • cupholder3.jpg
    cupholder3.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 556

Hants

Rising Sun Member
Muchas Gracias!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Y'all were way deep into programming your new radio, so I didn't really want to interrupt. Figured I'd just catch you at a run or the next meeting. :)

I just ordered one from Amazon... never would have otherwise, based on the crappy picture.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Hey Tim,

I really like the looks of your 2M radio head unit right there. My Sirius Stiletto car kit is right in front of that, about right where your cup holder is, but maybe I'll have to just "deal" with it. Not sure I'm quite ready to work on my head unit yet. Soon, I hope.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
For those looking, here are some other options for cupholders:

Plastic folding cup holder

and

Double cup and cellphone holder

They come in various colors (black, tan, gray). Tan is a pretty close match to the tan leather/console in an 80/LX450. I bought one of each to see how well they might work. I'm thinking of mounting two of the folding ones to the rear of the center console for the kids in back. HOWEVER, upon testing I discovered that the double cup holder deal sits perfectly between the center row armrests (when down). I may go this route to avoid drilling into my center consoles. It also sits ok between the passenger seat and the center console.

I know, not real "techy" :hill:.

My comment on the seller is that they are very good and combined the shipping on the items. Shipping was VERY reasonable (for USPS Priority Mail) considering the outrageous rates many eBay sellers charge and especially if you purchase additional items. I rec'd the items w/in 2 days of paying :thumb:

Just a word to the wise, I bought a cupholder just like that double cup holder at walmart the other day for 6 bucks, they are designed to sit between the seat and the console. Walmarts (larger ones anyway) usually have a killer selection of cup holders etc.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Just a word to the wise, I bought a cupholder just like that double cup holder at walmart the other day for 6 bucks, they are designed to sit between the seat and the console. Walmarts (larger ones anyway) usually have a killer selection of cup holders etc.

Good to know! You could buy 3 for the cost of one from that ebay seller :(. I need to get out more often :hill:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Has this forum really progessed to 80 Series cupholder tech-tips? Sheesh!

Hey, this forum is what you make it, smart guy! Though I will point out you used the word progression, instead of digression.. that shows class. ;)

But I'm like 10:1 on tech posts over the rest of ya. so what are you working on? Shirley your truck's not ready for Moab, is it? :D what kind of cookout should we do for Saturday Wipeout Hill?

60wag

Rising Sun Member
what kind of cookout should we do for Saturday Wipeout Hill?

Careful there.... that's not tech. You may get booted out to chat. :)

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Hey, this forum is what you make it, smart guy! Though I will point out you used the word progression, instead of digression.. that shows class. ;)

But I'm like 10:1 on tech posts over the rest of ya. so what are you working on? Shirley your truck's not ready for Moab, is it? :D what kind of cookout should we do for Saturday Wipeout Hill?

I should have said "regression". :lmao: Shirley I am not ready for wipeout hill - its the scariest thing ever! And my drink could fall out of the stock cupholder. :( But a cookout - now you are talking! If we do, we should e-mail the participants that day so they can plan accordingly.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
I should have said "regression". :lmao: Shirley I am not ready for wipeout hill - its the scariest thing ever! And my drink could fall out of the stock cupholder. :( But a cookout - now you are talking! If we do, we should e-mail the participants that day so they can plan accordingly.

Wipe out aint that bad, unless your with Nathaniel:eek: :hill: :lmao: :beer:
Wait till White Knuckle:eek: :flop: