• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

68J Anyone up to join me this Saturday Feb.4?

LC200TX

Lifted
Never done it with snow… Should be fun! It’s up Flagstaff Road pass Gross Reservoir. Pretty chill road, with just a couple places that should be interesting and maybe challenging. Also super pretty country up there.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Would love to, but can't make it this weekend.

dehru

Wincher
I am interested. I have a kid birthday party and sleepover tonight, so I can’t get there early. Plus need to check with the wife.

But I could probably meet 2pm Saturday.

Otherwise, any time on Sunday.

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
The stretch of 68j that is “the bad part” is actually private property. The owners don’t like random strangers using it all the time. If you choose to go, be respectful & don’t tear anything up.

LC200TX

Lifted
The stretch of 68j that is “the bad part” is actually private property. The owners don’t like random strangers using it all the time. If you choose to go, be respectful & don’t tear anything up.
Thanks for the heads up. I know most of the land owners over there so I think, we should be good to go. Just FYI, the road is no private. It’s a public road.

LC200TX

Lifted
I am interested. I have a kid birthday party and sleepover tonight, so I can’t get there early. Plus need to check with the wife.

But I could probably meet 2pm Saturday.

Otherwise, any time on Sunday.
2PM Saturday is a go for me. It’s pretty country. I can’t do Sunday, will be out of town.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
In case you are curious about land ownership/public/private/MVUM, etc. I've never looked but Abe's comment got me curious.

It's a neat route we utilize it a lot.

1675442491628.png

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Would love to but I'm out of town. you all enjoy!!!

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
What time are you doing this? I'm SUPER interested as I really want to get my new suspension upgrades flexed out.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Nvm I saw the 2pm. How long should this take?

LC200TX

Lifted
Well I did a little recon today. I went through the gate keeper without any issue but after that there is a section that is off camber with no room for error and it was totally iced over. Even before that I was sliding. There is no place to turn around so I had to back up. Super sketchy with the ice. Without the ice or snow it a super chill run. Wasn’t today and will not be tomorrow either… @dehru is thinking Switzerland trail. I have not been there but it looks like there is plenty of room there for a little slide here and there. The top is not passable but we could go as fast as we can and go from there.

We could also do 68J from the other side and not run it all the way to Gross Reservoir.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Yeah looks like Switzerland is very chill. Definitely not interested is sketchy off camber icy stuff right now. So there is a way to avoid the icy stuff? I'd like to get some flex which doesn't look like happens on Switzerland unless you go at one obstacle that apparently has a bypass but it sounds pretty hard. I'm willing to settle for Switzerland if @dehru is set on that.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Where would the 2pm meetup be at?

LC200TX

Lifted
I’m game with 68J starting from the last waypoint. @dehru? Plus there is a couple more spots on the back side of Gross reservoir that we could go to before hitting 68J. Should be able to get some flex

LC200TX

Lifted
Here. Lmk if you can pull up this address. That what google maps gave me as the last waypoint.

2pm at
1–59 County Road 68
Nederland, CO 80466
United States