• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Wanted 60 Series - The whole car

Looking to find and/or buy something? Add this prefix to your thread.

Zippo Omaha

Brand New
Hi all,

I'm brand new here so excuse any cultural faux pas. I found this forum during my search for an FJ60 series in the Denver area. It seems like a great resource, so I'm glad I found you guys.

At the moment, I'm driving an 06 Nissan Pathfinder with 2wd (I know). I love the Mom Tank, but 2wd simply will not do, so I'm looking to trade it in before winter comes.

This of course, is the worst possible time to try and buy a car, however, I'm hoping to buy something that will last several decades with good care. I'm also looking for something that will act as my daily driver until I one day in the distant future get an EV and this will then become a toy. Basically, I'd like to buy something I could potentially be buried in.

I'm not looking for too much of a project here from a body and engine perspective, at least not right now. Bells and whistles are great but I'm also quite happy to add my own as I go. I could, however, be reasoned with when it comes to interior condition, as I'm in need of a winter project. I'm also not looking for something that shines in the sun here, I love a good patina so long as it's not rust.
Blue is my favorite color :)

Budget-wise, lets just say a lot of the BaT auctions have been above my price range in the past few weeks. I'm realistic about the market right now, so I'm not expecting to buy something at a 2019 price, but I'm not going to buy a 30 year old car for the same price as a brand new vehicle. I'm willing to look at something that needs a couple grand in repairs, but I'd be calculating that into the final sale price. Again, this needs to get me to work in the morning and I don't need a lemon.

If you have any advice on where to look, how to go about scoping one out or if you've spotted a good deal recently, I'd love to hear it. I saw a magic blue 60 the other night in Englewood with a great price written on the window, but when I returned in the daylight it had vanished like a Halloween ghost.

Anyway, nice to meet you all, let me know if I missed any information here, and thanks!
Zippo

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Welcome… Good luck on your search! They pop up on here from time to time.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Hey Zippo, welcome to the forum! I love my FJ60, and consider it my "luxury car" compared to my 40s and 45 - it has power steering and air conditioning, and it is quiet enough to hear the radio or have a conversation LOL! Smooth on the highway yet is still pretty darn capable off pavement. Are you in Omaha or in the Denver area? One of the things we do for each other is go check out rigs for sale that other members might be interested in if the rig is nearby. Good luck in your quest, and be patient for the right one to come along.

Zippo Omaha

Brand New
Hey Zippo, welcome to the forum! I love my FJ60, and consider it my "luxury car" compared to my 40s and 45 - it has power steering and air conditioning, and it is quiet enough to hear the radio or have a conversation LOL! Smooth on the highway yet is still pretty darn capable off pavement. Are you in Omaha or in the Denver area? One of the things we do for each other is go check out rigs for sale that other members might be interested in if the rig is nearby. Good luck in your quest, and be patient for the right one to come along.
I'm in Denver. Omaha is a long story, and less interesting than you'd think, haha. I'd love a hunting buddy or two if you guys see a good one. I didn't grow up mechanical, so I'm learning as I go here. An extra set of eyes is always greatly appreciated! I am planning on showing up to the next meetup. I'd love to meet some folks.

An FJ40 is the long term goal. Maybe I can drop an electric engine in one by then, haha!

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
I'm in Denver. Omaha is a long story, and less interesting than you'd think, haha. I'd love a hunting buddy or two if you guys see a good one. I didn't grow up mechanical, so I'm learning as I go here. An extra set of eyes is always greatly appreciated! I am planning on showing up to the next meetup. I'd love to meet some folks.

An FJ40 is the long term goal. Maybe I can drop an electric engine in one by then, haha!
Paging @J1000 - He's midway through putting an electric motor in an 80 Series.

I too did not grow up working on vehicles. I tinkered a bit when I had my 2002 Tacoma (2004-2019). I sold that to buy a 60 that I daily drive and it's been a wild ride. I've learned more than I ever thought I could, so it's definitely possible. Always down to wrench on 60s together if you find one. The knowledge I have was passed on to me and I'd love to pass it on to somebody else.

Anyway, good luck in your quest. Keep your eyes peeled and keep us updated.

(Also, I will 2nd checking out Nakman's 60 that's for sale - It's gorgeous and you should buy it).

Zippo Omaha

Brand New
Paging @J1000 - He's midway through putting an electric motor in an 80 Series.

I too did not grow up working on vehicles. I tinkered a bit when I had my 2002 Tacoma (2004-2019). I sold that to buy a 60 that I daily drive and it's been a wild ride. I've learned more than I ever thought I could, so it's definitely possible. Always down to wrench on 60s together if you find one. The knowledge I have was passed on to me and I'd love to pass it on to somebody else.

Anyway, good luck in your quest. Keep your eyes peeled and keep us updated.

(Also, I will 2nd checking out Nakman's 60 that's for sale - It's gorgeous and you should buy it).
Oh, I'm watching the ev threads here like a hawk. It's better than Netflix. And yeah, I'm down to learn a thing or two for sure!