Found 60 Series 2F intake bits

mikedrom

Rising Sun Member
PO of my 60 put a generic round filter on top of the carb, and I’d like to go back to stock if the price is right. Anyone have the intake hose/filter box assembly/other stuff?

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
PO of my 60 put a generic round filter on top of the carb, and I’d like to go back to stock if the price is right. Anyone have the intake hose/filter box assembly/other stuff?
It's likely a Weber or other aftermarket carb. I have never seen one of the compact round filters on a stock carb. Can you post some photos? FYI if you're in Denver and need to pass smog, the air cleaner has several vacuum fittings to restore the system to stock. I don't know how close the AirCare people are looking anymore - they looked right past a disconnected vac line I had last time, but if you're after peace of mind and getting everything dialed before you go ... gotta have the stock air cleaner.

I may have a spare carb. I think I got rid of the last spare air cleaner I had.

justin4045

Rising Sun Member
I picked that air cleaner housing up from you, but don't think I'll be using it anymore. More than willing to pass it on.

mikedrom

Rising Sun Member
It's likely a Weber or other aftermarket carb. I have never seen one of the compact round filters on a stock carb. Can you post some photos? FYI if you're in Denver and need to pass smog, the air cleaner has several vacuum fittings to restore the system to stock. I don't know how close the AirCare people are looking anymore - they looked right past a disconnected vac line I had last time, but if you're after peace of mind and getting everything dialed before you go ... gotta have the stock air cleaner.

I may have a spare carb. I think I got rid of the last spare air cleaner I had.
Good thinking. Could be a Weber—I haven’t looked too close. I’ll do some investigation!

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
I have some of the smog system hard lines I got from @Rzeppa if you end up needing them.

I am searching high and low for a Non us 2f carb hat and intake assembly for my build. If I find one it may end up costing more than the 60.

Last edited:

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
I have some of the smog system hard lines I got from @Rzeppa if you end up needing them.

I am searching high and low for a Non us 2f carb hat and intake assembly for my build. If I find one it may end up costing more than the 60.
I've been searching high and low for a non-US 2F carb. Let me know if you find one ;)

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Here is the city racer I was looking at.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
I got into the Cruiser game after Trollhole stopped selling those carbs. They were an offshore made replica from what I understand, which is also what the City Racer is. From digging through old Mud posts - and I've spent a good bit of time investigating the story - folks had trouble with the Trollhole carbs and he stopped offering them. On the City Racer ones I personally know of about half a dozen where the accelerator pump doesn't work straight out of the box, and a few more that have issues with the jets - seems to be that either the machining of the jets or the bowl casting leaves scraps that plug the jet up, although that theory isn't verified. For whatever reason, there's a group of folks on social media who think I'm an expert (surprise: I'm not), and they've messaged me about helping solve their issues with the CR carb, so I've heard of this stuff straight from the source quite a few times. Several other stories on Mud too.

I will say that I bought the Aisin reproduction float that City Racer sells (I suspect it's not actually Aisin, but made by somebody else and still has the Aisin name molded into the plastic). No proof of that, just a gut feeling since no other retailer offers it - even the retailers that carry a LOT of non-TEQ stamped Aisin stuff. Adjusting it is different than the clearances that the manual states. Just an FYI.

Yeah I could grab the City Racer carb, plan on replacing the accelerator pump seal and thoroughly clean it right away, then run it. Funny enough, CR is the only place that sells an accel pump with an actual leather seal on it - but that's not what's on those carbs. I just think it would get me some "cool points" to have an OEM non-smog/non-US 2F carb. I've ever wondered if the carb from a non-EFI 3F would work.