4Runner didn't start today..

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
So I turn the key this morning and all I get is click click click click... I tried rolling it a little in gear but it's an automatic so I doubt that really did anything, and no change. After a few minutes of screwing with it, ended up pushing it to the street so I could get the 80 around it. Probably took another 5 minutes to hook up a strap and have the wife steer it to the curb, at which point the battery was too dead to even activate the door locks.

Starter contacts were replaced October... it's gotta just be the battery, right? :confused: 3rd gen, 3.4

wesintl

RS Moderator
You didn't kick a fuse out of the panel did you? ;)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :hill:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Ok, so I went home at lunch, gave the Runner one of the batteries from the 80 and she fired right up. Brought the battery to Checker's on the way back to work for a charge & load test, will see what they come up with on my way home. That battery said 2002 on the side, so perhaps today is its day to go to battery heaven.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
You... didn't... buy... a... battery... from... Checkers, didja????!?!:eek:

Batteries Plus, and get a dadgum Optima, d00d!:fing:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Exide Orbitals, amigo. no Optimas for me... :blah:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Is that what you had in there? Seems like short life if it is, but whatdoIknow... I always have high hopes...

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
No, what was in there was a "Champion" somethingorother... So now what's in there is the Toyota battery that came with Uncle Ben's 80, which was in tray #2 in the 80. The 80 now has matching Orbitals. :)

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
nakman said:
No, what was in there was a "Champion" somethingorother... So now what's in there is the Toyota battery that came with Uncle Ben's 80, which was in tray #2 in the 80. The 80 now has matching Orbitals. :)

Schweet! Come on tell us the truth the old battery was fine you just needed an excuse! :Princess: :blah: