Found 40 series rear seat

Jcbmx

Trail Ready
Curious if anyone has a forward facing seat laying around that they don't want. Even if it needs reupholstered/padding that's fine. I'm more in need of the frame/guts, also ok with usable now condition

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Do you have one of the longer jump seats? In my '77 I turned one of them forward facing, one side bolted to the fender the other side supported by a little custom built leg, which was bolted through the floor. Was great for strapping one car seat to... also you could open the back door and the rear passenger side could walk around the side of the seat, then sit down. Just an idea for you, not sure what you're after though...

But I was talking to Aaron about this at the Expo... @Heritage40 here's a thread where you can see a pic of that seat support https://risingsun4x4club.org/xf/threads/ok-officially-for-sale-1977-fj40.4719/

Jcbmx

Trail Ready
Do you have one of the longer jump seats? In my '77 I turned one of them forward facing, one side bolted to the fender the other side supported by a little custom built leg, which was bolted through the floor. Was great for strapping one car seat to... also you could open the back door and the rear passenger side could walk around the side of the seat, then sit down. Just an idea for you, not sure what you're after though...

But I was talking to Aaron about this at the Expo... @Heritage40 here's a thread where you can see a pic of that seat support https://risingsun4x4club.org/xf/threads/ok-officially-for-sale-1977-fj40.4719/
Yeah I have the longer seats. I'm putting a rear Rollbar in and feel insanely guilty about destroying the craftsmanship that was done prior to me getting the 40. Whoever did the custom set up was an artist and made it look so good I thought the whole set up was welded. The option of going back and not modifying my jumpseats would be nice, so I am exploring rear forward facing

Attachments

• 85095B73-B26E-40B7-A73D-93A5258E78A5.jpeg
    85095B73-B26E-40B7-A73D-93A5258E78A5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50

Jcbmx

Trail Ready
Here's the dilemma I'm at, if I chop the support arm off that's already been modified to fit the existing rear rollbar I won't even have to worry about a front facing seat

Found: sorry for wasting anybody's time, just decided to cut the arms off and worst case if I ever go back they just happen to not sync up to what was there prior, Or I save them and reattach

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
  • D18C2A63-61E6-4B32-BAE8-621E5AA830CE.jpeg
    D18C2A63-61E6-4B32-BAE8-621E5AA830CE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
I’ve got a seat that you can have for feee if you like. It was in the front seat of a bj46 I imported. It isn’t Toyota, and I don’t know what it is, and would take a little work to mount in the back. But I think it would look very “period correct” back there if you can use it.

Heritage40

Rising Sun Member
I’ve got a seat that you can have for feee if you like. It was in the front seat of a bj46 I imported. It isn’t Toyota, and I don’t know what it is, and would take a little work to mount in the back. But I think it would look very “period correct” back there if you can use it.
Can you send me a photo please?
Thanks