nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member

PhatFJ

Hard Core 4+
Worth a look.

justin4045

Rising Sun Member
I did mine on the 45 and it was pretty easy. Make sure it's super clean and a nice even coat of adhesive. I did have it upside down on a blanket so I had gravity helping. Might be tricky with it on the cruiser.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I’m pretty sure I used the one from Cruiser corps. It’s was a gorgeous headliner and has lasted well in a hot/cold barn glued to the truck. Also get a little more adhesive than you think you need and get the quality 3m stuff. I think I used three not two cans which was expensive but necessary, would have to look back on my thread for details if I documented it.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
ok cool, thanks guys. against my better judgement, I ordered one.

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
Allllll-right. I need to to this. Lemme know when you plan to do this I’ll give you two more hands. I can hold the dumb end of the measuring tape as good as anyone.

My hardtop refurb will be a can of worms. Broken studs, needs seals, blah blah blah. I’d love to lend a hand with yours. Mine will wait.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Allllll-right. I need to to this. Lemme know when you plan to do this I’ll give you two more hands. I can hold the dumb end of the measuring tape as good as anyone.

My hardtop refurb will be a can of worms. Broken studs, needs seals, blah blah blah. I’d love to lend a hand with yours. Mine will wait.
right on Shawn, you're on! I am hoping to pull this off at around midnight, the night before the 40's run.. but we'll see if they actually ship on time. I could be pulling the top back off again...

My hard top is currently separated into multiple pieces. It's going to be fun to assemble again though when everything is nice and shiny. :)

rover67

Rising Sun Member
if its the top only then yeah man throw it upside down on a few saw horses and it'll be pretty easy.

I could potentially swing by also!

rover67

Rising Sun Member
did you get more than they say you need on headliner adhesive? The trick is a decent coat but not soaking through.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I think I got this but could always use more supervision and management... will let you know when it happens thanks! I am just going to walk down to the Depot and grab some spray adhesive, didn't want to pay the premium and it's just too easy to run down the hill for another can.

And yeah I just have it laying on the back patio... I need to hose it out real good at some point but it can stay here as long as needed, no one else really plays pool.

IMG_7519.jpg

Here's the current state of the rest of the top... yeah some assembly required.

IMG_7515.jpg

I need to get some paint! :bolt:

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
Nice. I have done a couple. Make sure the sewed corners are in the rear. Take your time and make a plan. Do it in stages and dont do it in the wind. Ha.