• TONIGHT! UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO RAIN FORECAST: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

35 mm SLR--Any value?

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I have an old Minolta Maxxum 7000 with a bunch of lenses. Does this have any value? I doubt the body does but can DSLRs use the old lenses?:confused:

Attachments

• DSCN0012.jpg
    DSCN0012.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 266

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
You'll need to do some digging. Search "interchangeable lenses" on Google. Here's an article that may get you started. It may require an adapter.

Minolta went out of biz, but Sony picked up the line and these cameras may be able to use the old lenses.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Jeff, Here are some Minolta to Nikon adapters on eBay. These are for Manual Focus (MF) lenses.

It sounds like if your lenses are Auto Focus (AF) they cannot be adapted for Nikon but they may be able to be adapted for other brands.

Send me some more info on the lenses and I will try to find specific adapters for your lenses.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Jeff, Here are some Minolta to Nikon adapters on eBay. These are for Manual Focus (MF) lenses.

It sounds like if your lenses are Auto Focus (AF) they cannot be adapted for Nikon but they may be able to be adapted for other brands.

Send me some more info on the lenses and I will try to find specific adapters for your lenses.

Thanks Matt.:thumb: I'll have a look when I am back in the world next week.

BTW-I know there is a switch on the AF lenses that make them manual. I suspect that they could work with the adapters in the MF mode but not the AF mode.