3-Speed Flywheel

As part of my F to 2F motor project for my '72 FJ40, I removed the 3-speed flywheel from the old F motor and noticed that a tooth is chipped :hill: on the ring gear. Should I replace the ring gear or look for a good used flywheel that I could have resurfaced?

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
If you don't mind a little wrenching and provided the alley recycle crew has not already grabbed it, I know where you are welcome to get the flywheel, bell housing, clutch plate and related paraphanelia from a 1F block. For that matter, Timmbuck2, Subzali, Rzeppa or TheBoomBoom could also get you to the alley. The block is behind the baby blue one and just to the left of the red on in this picture.:D

If you don't mind a little wrenching and provided the alley recycle crew has not already grabbed it, I know where you are welcome to get the flywheel, bell housing, clutch plate and related paraphanelia from a 1F block. For that matter, Timmbuck2, Subzali, Rzeppa or TheBoomBoom could also get you to the alley. The block is behind the baby blue one and just to the left of the red on in this picture.:D

I don't mind wrenching at all. It seems to be what I spend most of my free time doing these days -- aside from cleaning and painting parts. I'm hoping to have my cruiser running again some time in April. It has been a year and a half long project and I'm really anxious to join the club.

Is that the infamous alley in Louisville?

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Is that the infamous alley in Louisville?

No, I have not heard about that alley. Guess I'll have to search some old posts to get the scoop. I thought only the Southsiders had special alleys. Sent you a PM.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I believe I may have a spare (or two?) 3 speed flywheels. I'll be down in the garage later this afternoon and will verify. If I do, you're welcome to it, free.

FYI, the teeth are not part of flywheels. They are heated up, pressed on, then when cool the shrink down to the mate tightly onto the outside of the flywheel.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
My recollection was right, I do have two. Let me know if you want one.

Attachments

• F Flywheels.jpg
    F Flywheels.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 181
Thanks Jeff. I would be happy to take one of those flywheels off your hands. Are you planning to attend the next club meeting? Thanks again. Kent