• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Wanted 2UZ-FE from a Land Cruiser or LX470

Looking to find and/or buy something? Add this prefix to your thread.

alwaysbored786

New-ish
My engine in my 03 LC is toast, and im hoping to find a good engine locally if possible. Ive seen one in golden but it had a head gasket leak.

Anyone local have a 2UZ-FE i could buy/take a look at? Ideally from an 03-05 LC/LX non-vvti but ill consider others.

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Anytime I contact the sellers, they either show low compression numbers, or arent willing to give any real info on the engine. Been burned with 1 engine already
Was the compression low on all cylinders or just one/a few? At altitude up here in CO compression numbers will be lower than advertised at sea level. Also if the engine is out of a vehicle it can be harder to get a good compression test. If all the cylinders are within 10% or so then it's likely good.

alwaysbored786

New-ish
Was the compression low on all cylinders or just one/a few? At altitude up here in CO compression numbers will be lower than advertised at sea level. Also if the engine is out of a vehicle it can be harder to get a good compression test. If all the cylinders are within 10% or so then it's likely good.
Last engine had compression of ~120 ish across all cylinders and was at sea level. Minimum compression is 145, ideal is around 195

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
Try Best Foreign (salvage) in Colo. Springs. They recently got a wrecked '00 LC in. Solid sellers - if they say it's good, it's good.

alwaysbored786

New-ish
Sadly the engine at best foreign has been sitting outside for months in the rain. Ive seen enough engines to know that one will be rusty inside, especially since the oil cooler area was cracked.

Still looking!

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee