2F camshafts

Capriblue45

Rising Sun Member
I spoke with TJ at Gunn this morning and he told my Cam shaft needs replaced for the 84FJ60. I was curious if anyone has any experience with the manafre RV camshaft?

Crash

Rising Sun Member
I spoke with TJ at Gunn this morning and he told my Cam shaft needs replaced for the 84FJ60. I was curious if anyone has any experience with the manafre RV camshaft?
Looking for more performance? From a 2f? You might be able to get a few more hp or ftlbs but at what cost? My advice is to stick with stock Toyota. That’s what I did when my 3FE was rebuilt and there are no regrets.

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
The cruiser guru Jim C recommends the smallest regrind over stock for performance or stock.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Mark Whatley put an "RV Grind" cam into Bruce Miller's 60 and the thing would barely idle. He also put a 4 barrel Edlebrock and a cherry bomb on it (it was so loud you couldn't hold a conversation standing next to it). Maybe the thing had more HP or torque or something but IMHO it ran like crap compared to stock.

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
(AFI TBI) EFI really woke up my 2F; I'd put the $$ there.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Mark Whatley put an "RV Grind" cam into Bruce Miller's 60 and the thing would barely idle. He also put a 4 barrel Edlebrock and a cherry bomb on it (it was so loud you couldn't hold a conversation standing next to it). Maybe the thing had more HP or torque or something but IMHO it ran like crap compared to stock.
I remember that truck rolling through Slickrock Campground and wondering if it was going to make it to their campsite. Sounded like it was broken.

Capriblue45

Rising Sun Member
I appreciate everyone's comments. Looks like I'll be looking for the factory grind. Thanks