• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

2023 Our Gang Ice Racing Schedule

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
Our Gang Ice Racing is a Colorado Ice Racing club. Every year they hold events around Colorado, mainly Georgetown Lake, for Racing on frozen lakes.

You don't have to be apart of their club to participate at their events. Below is. Link to their schedule this year. I've and a few others have participated in there events and it's a lot of fun. Your car can't be leaking any fluids and has to have some sort of 4WD/AWD. They do tech inspection, and drivers meeting beforehand. I've only ever participated in Sunday funday.

I plan on going sometime this season, but I'm currently unsure on dates. It'd be cool to get a rising sun group to go. You do have to register early as there is a limited number of spots. And it can get canceled due to the ice not being thick enough to support the weight of all the cars on it.

I'll keep an eye out for when registration opens up and update it here. It normally opens up 30ish days before the event.

Attachments

• 20200228_113052.jpg
    20200228_113052.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
  • 20200228_112510.jpg
    20200228_112510.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
  • 20200228_122147.jpg
    20200228_122147.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 98
  • EFFECTS.jpg
    EFFECTS.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 130

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
I appreciate the schedule! Looks like a fun time. How much time do you get on the course?

For those running up or down 70 on any day these events are running, be aware the looky-loos absolutely loose their minds over seeing cars on the ice! We have timed it poorly and traffic compresses up and down the Georgetown area that has been pretty considerable.

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
Normally the drivers meeting is around 9ish and they'll go until 3 ish maybe. I've always left around 2-3 ish

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Do they do timing/how competitive is it? I went to a PCA event on the ice and it was more like everyone just doing their own thing.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Yeah would love to check this out if the timing works, drove by that lake on Sunday and it's already got people on it. no vehicles yet though.

Let me know if you see this guy.... :cool:

View attachment garren2.jpg

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
Do they do timing/how competitive is it? I went to a PCA event on the ice and it was more like everyone just doing their own thing.
Sunday Funday isn't that competitive. You are "racing" someone else, but you just kind of go when both of you thumbs up after lining up. They have a bare rubber class you can sign up for on other days if you want something more competitive. But Sunday is basically just for funsies.

They will kick you off if you're just going donuts on the ice and just messing around. They won't tolerate that.

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
@Doughboy I could make it Jan 29, Feb 5, or 12 for a sunday funday!

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Sunday Funday isn't that competitive. You are "racing" someone else, but you just kind of go when both of you thumbs up after lining up. They have a bare rubber class you can sign up for on other days if you want something more competitive. But Sunday is basically just for funsies.

They will kick you off if you're just going donuts on the ice and just messing around. They won't tolerate that.
I'm looking for heads up racing! That sounds awesome. The PCA event was supposed to be timed like an autocross but they stopped timing cars after the 3rd Porsche spun off and got stuck...

All I got are Ridge Grapplers and they are no good on ice.

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
First weekend of ice racing with Our Gang Ice Racing has opened registration. Linked below.

I will not be registering for this date.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Subscribed. Hope to go an at least watch. Enter LongCruiser?

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
Yes, bring it!

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
They have opened up registration for their 2nd and 3rd weekend. I'm still looking at going February 12th. They limited their first week Sunday funday to only 12 vehicles. We'll see how it'll go for the later dates.

They measured 15 inches of ice on December 27th.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
I'm registered to go on Feb 5th. I'll be going up with a group of gals to celebrate my birthday week!!!