• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

2021 OHV Trail Gate Closure Assistance

Heritage40

Rising Sun Member
Hey Crew:

Although the Boulder County Ranger District did not have an Oct. monthly meeting, they are sending the following message.

"Would anyone be willing and able to help the OHV Crew close down seasonal routes this year? If so, please respond to Joel Sladky (OHV Crew Leader) and his e-mail is cc’ed here. He will be in charge of gate closings this year.

TRR has already mentioned Nov. 27th for MSV/Coney Flats, and that is the tentative plan pending snow!

Thanks again to each and everyone of you for helping the BRD manage its motorized program! Take care and I am sure I will see you all out in the field!"

Is anyone available help assist with gate closures? If so, let me know and I will notify and coordinate with Joel, if there is much in the way of coordination.

Thank you

Aaron Moeller

rocdoc

Wincher
Hey Crew:

Although the Boulder County Ranger District did not have an Oct. monthly meeting, they are sending the following message.

"Would anyone be willing and able to help the OHV Crew close down seasonal routes this year? If so, please respond to Joel Sladky (OHV Crew Leader) and his e-mail is cc’ed here. He will be in charge of gate closings this year.

TRR has already mentioned Nov. 27th for MSV/Coney Flats, and that is the tentative plan pending snow!

Thanks again to each and everyone of you for helping the BRD manage its motorized program! Take care and I am sure I will see you all out in the field!"

Is anyone available help assist with gate closures? If so, let me know and I will notify and coordinate with Joel, if there is much in the way of coordination.

Thank you

Aaron Moeller
Aaron,

I'd like to help out. Please include me in the planning discussions.

Bob

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Throw my name in the hat Aaron.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Depending on the when, I am game to lend a hand.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
I dont mind as well as long as I am in town.

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
Hey Crew:

Thank you

Aaron Moeller
Aaron, I have some time and also would like to help with this. I don't want to get in your way or confuse coordination, but I am happy to help you with it. I've worked with the USFS on fires and am familiar with them, especially Boulder District. Let me know how you would like to proceed when the time comes, it sounds like we have a few weeks. Thanks so much for your leadership!!!!

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Did anyone head up for the yankee hill trail repair on Saturday? I keep seeing posts about it on the mybooks and Rising sun want mentioned. I was under the impression a few of us were heading up to lend a hand.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I don't know that we did. To be fair, we heard about it second hand just 2 days ahead of the action.
I'm going to reach out the the source sender and point out our land use contact points so we could get a better heads up in the future.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
@Outlander40 have you heard anything back from the ranger district or if they still need assistance with this?

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
@Outlander40 have you heard anything back from the ranger district or if they still need assistance with this?
Hey Ray I spoke with the Boulder Ranger a couple of weeks ago and they said after the weekend of 11/28 they will be closing gates and will want help clearing trails starting 11/29 week.

rocdoc

Wincher
OK, what does this mean?. What do I do now? Wait to be contacted or … ?

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
OK, what does this mean?. What do I do now? Wait to be contacted or … ?
Well Aaron is the Land Use Coordinator and we follow his lead. He will update us on his coms with the Ranger District. Keep an eye out here.

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
Hey guys so if you want to help with trail closures this week, contact Joel Sladky at 575-741-1677 the trails that were closed this past weekend already had an organization help them. The trails to be closed tomorrow (Tuesday) and other days this week will be open for our help.

Heritage40

Rising Sun Member
Hey crew sorry I missed these strings of messages I have been out of the country. I am back now. It sounds like you have had good conversations with Joel. Hope people that want to help out get to help out. Thanks for stepping up