• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

2021 Blow Off Work and Go Wheelin' Run: 20th annual! 6/30/21

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
It's time to schedule the annual BOWAGW run. Somehow we missed doing this run in 2019, so 2021 will be the 20th time we've held this run. So let's consider this the 20TH ANNUAL BLOW OFF WORK AND GO WHEELIN' RUN!

So block out your afternoon on your work calendar. You need to go wheelin' -- that Zoom meeting can be rescheduled.

Date: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Meeting time: 1:00 p.m. Depart @ 1:30 p.m.

PART ONE
Trail: Slaughterhouse Gulch
The trail is moderate. It's fine for stock Land Cruisers, 4Runners, FJ Cruisers, Tacomas, etc. There is a hill with some good optional whoop-de-woos if you're locked and lifted. There is a rock that can be tippy, and there are some tight trees that have had encounters with roof racks and rooflines. It's near Bailey, off of 285.

Meeting place: King Soopers Shopping Center in Aspen Park (Conifer area) This is just off Hwy 285.
Address: KING SOOPERS, 25637 CONIFER ROAD, CONIFER, CO 80433

Ham: 147.420 <-- new channel due to space station chatter
CB: Channel 4
FRS/GMRS Radios: channel 22
Bring sunscreen, snacks, water, camera, etc.

Slaughterhouse is pretty stocker friendly, though wagons have some tight squeezes in one particular section with trees. We have had to do at least one recovery up there as well when a 40 tipped over on one of the obstacles, so it's not totally a gimme trail.

PART TWO
We usually go out for pizza afterwards. More details when we get closer.

FYI: This counts as an official event to qualify for joining the club, so come on down and have fun with us!

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Sounds great! I’ll be there. Just wanted to throw in my vote for pizza; Snowpack Taproom and Pizzeria is fantastic. Located on 285 near Conifer.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Every single meeting and event is scheduled when I have something going on with my kids. Every one .... 😢

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Bring the kids! They need to blow off and go wheelin' also!

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm a maybe......

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I'll be there. :headbang:

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Put me down as a maybe / hopefully

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Bring the kids! They need to blow off and go wheelin' also!
My 9 year old gets car sick *every* time we drive in the mountains. I’d also like to make it to a meeting, but she has Girl Scouts Wednesdays at the same time. I’ll make it all happen soon, it’s just been a string of events that don’t work for one reason or another.

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
i will be there!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee