2020 Blow Off Work and Go Wheelin' Run + Sept. RS meeting: Sept. 2, 2020

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
It's been a couple of years since we did the "annual" BOWAGW run. So let's do it on the same day as the next RS meeting. Block out your afternoon on your work calendar. You need to go wheelin' anway -- you've been working way too much, bruh.

Date: Wednesday, Sept 2, 2020
Meeting time: 1:00 p.m. Depart @ 1:30 p.m.

PART ONE
Trail: Slaughterhouse Gulch
The trail is moderate. It's fine for stock Land Cruisers, 4Runners, FJ Cruisers, Tacomas, etc. There is a hill with some good optional whoop-de-woos if you're locked and lifted. There is a rock that can be tippy, and there are some tight trees that have had encounters with roof racks and rooflines. It's near Bailey, off of 285.

Meeting place: King Soopers Shopping Center in Aspen Park (Conifer area) This is just off Hwy 285.
Address: KING SOOPERS, 25637 CONIFER ROAD, CONIFER, CO 80433

Ham: 147.420 <-- new channel due to space station chatter
CB: Channel 4
Bring sunscreen, snacks, water, camera, etc.

Slaughterhouse is pretty stocker friendly, though wagons have some tight squeezes in one particular section with trees. We have had to do at least one recovery up there as well when a 40 tipped over on one of the obstacles, so it's not totally a gimme trail.

PART TWO
Meeting: Rising Sun monthly meeting socially distanced at City of Kunming Park, 200 E Harvard Ave.
Bring a mask, a camp chair, some food, and maybe a cooler. You might want a flashlight too. We'll meet outside for a socially distanced RS meeting.

Google Maps Link

Time: 7:30 p.m.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Who wants to come on the BOWAGW Run? This counts as an official event to qualify for joining the club, so come on down and have fun with us!

Last edited:

mulebarn

Rising Sun Member
I reckon I’ll be able to make this. I’ll probably bring my HZJ73, but I have no spare tire right now because a knucklehead rear ended me, and tore my swing arm off, which houses the spare. (You can see the full damage on Instagram. I’m @mulebarn.)

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Maybe.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm in.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I'll be there in spirit but not in the flesh.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
That's why I called in yesterday😂 too soon to repeat that one for me, be with you in spirit

Workinonit

Rock Stacker
I can probably make this. Don't have HAM or CB, but am fluent in hand signals?

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
I’m in. We could use Kumming Park which is right next to my garage (see photo) it’s big and has street parking on all 4 sides. We could get pizza from Gennaros nearby. We can hang in my garage too depending on attendance. There is a rest room at gennaros and I have a nice camp toilet set up at my garage that I will make available. But that’s about as good as I can imagine it getting re bathrooms. Are we going to host a zoom meeting from the park or just hope for a quorum?

Attachments

• 9FAAA9E1-B3AD-4542-88F6-B0FAD366E69E.jpeg
    9FAAA9E1-B3AD-4542-88F6-B0FAD366E69E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 126

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I’m in. We could use Kumming Park which is right next to my garage (see photo) it’s big and has street parking on all 4 sides. We could get pizza from Gennaros nearby. We can hang in my garage too depending on attendance. There is a rest room at gennaros and I have a nice camp toilet set up at my garage that I will make available. But that’s about as good as I can imagine it getting re bathrooms. Are we going to host a zoom meeting from the park or just hope for a quorum?
I like this. Literally only a few blocks from my house.

42Alpha

Brand New
I plan to show up for Part I and II. Looking forward to meet you all break in my new/used 200

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I am planning on going as of now. Unless something work related comes up that I "can't be sick" for I'll be there.

Kelvin

New-ish
I'm in.

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Iffy, but don't be surprised.

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
Looking good for Part 1. Not sure about Part 2.