2018 LC200 Climate Recirc Door & Service Location

joltman

Rising Sun Member
I was browsing the "other" forum and was re-reading a thread about the AC recirc door being broken. I decided to head to the garage and check mine. Lo and behold, the door is broken. Rad. Here's a video.

I recall from the last RS club meeting that Stevenson Toyota (Lakewood) is highly recommended. I called them up to verify that my LC still has a warranty, and luckily it does. I'm way down in Castle Rock, so Lakewood is kinda far for me. Is the Aurora location well regarded, too? Or should I look for something closer to me, like AutoNation Toyota on Arapahoe? Thanks, gang!

EDIT:

I pulled out the air filter and looked again. It appeared I could just pop the hood onto the linkage. I did that, and the real reason the hood was broken was made clear. The "fitment hole" on the hood is broken. I saw broken plastic. What's crazy to me is the fact that there is a DENSO air filter in there. That means that someone at a dealership did this. I wonder if that's the reason the truck was traded in? It got foggy in the winter and they'd had enough? Vehicle came from Idaho. Who knows what happened...

Last edited:

joltman

Rising Sun Member
I wanted to update this post. I took the truck to the dealer and after several days of back and forth, including bringing in a higher up from Toyota Regional, that person determined that the HVAC door was covered under warranty. Stevinson Toyota replaced the hood for free under warranty. Unfortunately, during this work, they did scratch a bit of the plastic on the stock headunit. But that's a small price to pay for having that crucial HVAC hood fixed.