• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

2004 Sequoia (farkled!!!!)

white wings

Hard Core 4+
This is a the official listing for the Black Rhino for 13k!
I've had it for about a year and a half and it's been great after I threw a boatload of cash into it. While the prior owner/s did not neglect the rig, there were some base lining I needed for piece of mind prior to doing the things I wanted to do with it and be able to get back home.
I will be adding receipts if need be or can give them to the next owner if they want. All work that I did not do myself was done by Toy Crawlers here in Broomfield (Toyota only off-road tuning shop).
2004 Limited with Factory installed Super Charger and a Uni-chip system to run off 87 or 91 (manual switch in the glove box). 202,062 miles currently and climbing VERY slowly (I have 6 rigs and this one only pulls my jumping camp trailer now).
The ENTIRE FRONT END has new components. Seriously...power steering, upper and lower control arms, sway bar and extended linkage, axles with red boots for extended travel, OEM lower ball joints, Toytec boss lift installed (recently went to Bilstein 5100 shocks front and rear). SPC uppers, SPC lower control arm adjusters, Rear Firestone helper bags, Diff drop kit. you name it...I did it!
Custom rear tube bumper, 5 Black Rhino Armory wheels (full set of 5) with 700 miles on the rubber.
Front bumper is a one off Addicted Off-road hybrid bumper.
Gamiviti Mounts holding up a HUGE Pioneer platform Rhino Rack.
Ditch light brackets and Rigid pods running through a Blazer wireless control unit. These things are awesome (if you keep a fresh battery the range is 30 feet).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/151...RaI6P01uNm1Ua6tpkoRvkH4VxC8-NVkg&__tn__=-]K-R
Front seats have Cover King Rhino hide covers to cover the split in the seem of the the front seats. Rear seats including the 3rd row are in great shape.
Aftermarket Pioneer head unit with all the usual creature comforts including a old school Ipod jack? I did dig out an old Ipod and will GLADLEY include it for free.
Orange Box Molle panels (retro fitted from a 5th Gen 4runner) on both sides.
Crack in the center of the windshield because it's Colorado! Seriously, I haven't driven more than 100 miles in any of my cars since March and all 6 of them now have cracks in the windshield!
Husky floor mats for the front and middle rows.
BRAND NEW Cat back Gibson exhaust.
Projector HID headlights. These are only wired for the standard lights but the builder does have LEDS inside if you want different colored Halo's (Halo's are just not my jam so I didn't wire them in).
Up for negotiation but NOT included with the sales price is a choice of 2 Wilco Tire Carriers (2 different models), a Smittybilt 10k winch with wireless remote and synthetic line, a Truck Vault rear storage drawer (keyed with combination Truck Vault rear storage drawer (key and/or combination), Snorkel (designed for a 100 series Land Cruiser) also available.
This truck has been in CO for a LONG time and is NOT rusty. It's seen branches, stones, hail and has the dings to prove it but still not that bad. If you're into it, I have a Raptor liner (black) kit that will cover the rig that I will include if you want it.
Engine light, VSC lights remain on due tot he lift. We all know once you go up, they throw codes regardless of zero point calibration. As long as the lights are on, you will not get the annoying ABS babysitter kicking back at you while you attack the switch backs. If you clear the codes, the babysitter triggers even at a 25 mile turn in the mountains.
More pics coming!

Attachments

• 20201004_162104.jpg
    20201004_162104.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 303
  • 20201004_162046.jpg
    20201004_162046.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 157
  • 20201004_161955.jpg
    20201004_161955.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 156
  • 20201004_161947.jpg
    20201004_161947.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 171

white wings

Hard Core 4+
Question:
Some dude in Ouray is interested in the rig but wants me to take it to Mountain states Toyota or Larry Miller Toyota (boulder) for a pre-purchase inspection. I offered to take it to Toy Crawlers assuming he paid for the PPI in advance as it's far more convenient for me to bring it there than drop it off and Uber back to the house.

What would you do in this scenario?

60wag

Rising Sun Member
If the buyer gets to pick the mechanic, he's more likely to be happy with the results.

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
If I'm buying something and want a PPI, I'm picking the mechanic. If the seller insists on a particular shop, I think he has buddies working over there who are going to be looking out for the seller, not me as the buyer especially if I'm not local and trusting the PPI in order to purchase it. As long as the buyer is paying for it, I'd go to the shop he wants, but that's just me. My only concern with the dealer is they don't really specialize in modified vehicles, and they are usually booked out a couple weeks in advance in my experience.

white wings

Hard Core 4+
If I'm buying something and want a PPI, I'm picking the mechanic. If the seller insists on a particular shop, I think he has buddies working over there who are going to be looking out for the seller, not me as the buyer especially if I'm not local and trusting the PPI in order to purchase it. As long as the buyer is paying for it, I'd go to the shop he wants, but that's just me. My only concern with the dealer is they don't really specialize in modified vehicles, and they are usually booked out a couple weeks in advance in my experience.
I totally agree. My position is The buyer can take the car wherever he wants for a PPI, I would be willing to take it to a close shop that knows Toyota's. I just happen to take all of my stuff to ToyCrawlers including this truck because I trust them for the things I can't do myself.