• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

For Sale 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser - $15,000 obo

2000 Landcruiser - $15,000 obo (But I am looking for some feedback as I’m not sure where this should be priced at and hoping y'all can help me out - beyond tree-fiddy!)

As much as it pains me to do it, I’ve got an opportunity to purchase another newer Land Cruiser, so it’s time to let Debbie (my beloved 100 series) go. I purchased her in 2015 and have spent the last 5 years loving her like a family member (and didn’t know what I had been missing never having a cruiser before) & getting her to where I want her to be (ish – don’t think you ever fully get there). I’d like to find her a good new home, so let me know if you have any questions!

Current Facts
  • 228,212 miles (will go up slightly but she mostly stays in the shop on a battery tender as she’s not my DD)
  • In excellent mechanical condition, have maintained per specified service intervals (oil changes every 3k, etc.) and would not hesitate to drive cross country
  • Clear title in my name
  • I am in Gillette, Wyoming but willing to ship / meet somewhere / bring it to you (not afraid of a good road trip) if we agree to funds ahead of time so don’t let location be a deterrent. Family is in Denver, so I'll always have a good excuse to bring it to Denver.
  • More pictures can be found here: 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser Pictures
The Good
  • Armor/Exterior
    • New Gamiviti roof rack with LED light bar (not yet wired in, but can if buyer desires or I get time)
    • ARB Front Bumper with Rigid LEDs & built in Fog Lights
    • Slee Slider Steps
    • Safari Snorkel modified to clear Manual Radio Antenna (imported from UAE)
  • Mechanical
    • Recently installed new Doug Thorley headers & replaced all catalytic converters (no exhaust tick here!)
    • 167,000 mi
      • Front differential re-built & gear set replaced (previous owner over greased driveshaft, leading to pinion seal failure & diff going dry outside Dallas while driving it home from TX to CO – where the name came from)
      • Fully baselined (timing belt, water pump, heater Ts, ignition coil packs, brakes, all fluids)
      • Both CV axles replaced with New OEM
      • Trailer wiring freshly redone and upgraded to 7 pin (had typical converter box failure)
  • Suspension
    • Icon Stage 1 shocks all around (fronts currently off to be rebuilt)
    • SPC upper control arms
    • Slee diff drop
    • Medium Duty OME suspension lift
    • Spidertrax hub centric 1.25” spacers on all 4 corners
  • Interior
    • Newly recovered steering wheel (work done by Craft Customs)
    • Pioneer Touchscreen Stereo with USB & AUX inputs
    • Full Weathertech mats throughout
    • Drivers door actuator replaced, so full power locks work with 2 key/remotes
    • Drivers seat is worn, but not worn through
  • Extras included (but not yet installed)
    • Passenger rear door handle (still works but has chipped paint)
    • Shift bezel (was going to swap when BenCC’s new cupholders came out)
    • BenCC overhead panel with switches (3 rocker switches & 3 blanks included)
    • Full Toyota Factory/Dealership Service Manuals (all 3 books with paper inserts)
    • Spare coil pack
    • Have all records from 167,000 forward
      • Will scan in and upload to picture folder as I have time
The Bad
  • Exterior
    • Scratches on front fenders and bumper from previous owner, none to bare metal so was not concerned for rust
    • Dent on tail gate (previous owner)
    • Hole in back bumper (trailer jumped off hitch on me, caused no additional body damage)
      • Was going to replace with BIOR soon, so wasn’t concerned with replacing it
    • Surface rust on tail gate & under vehicle but no rust-through present on any portion of the vehicle (more frame pictures to come)
    • There are 2 chips in the windshield (will be getting fixed in the next week or two)
  • Mechanical
    • Weeping power steering lines (at reservoir end) – I haven’t noticed any issues with steering and has been this way since I bought it
    • Slight rub on inner fenders while turning (typical pinch weld issue & will fix if I have time)
  • I have not had the chance to clean it up yet, other than a good car wash, so I will update pictures when I can get it detailed
  • I will be keeping my Rock Warrior wheels and BFG KO2s (unless the price is right) and likely be replacing them with a set of Tundra 18's with Michelin LTX tires.
All in all, she’s a good honest Land Cruiser with lots of life left for her next owner and has taken our family all over the mountain west and is ready to do the same for you!

Attachments

• IMG_4645.JPG
    IMG_4645.JPG
    7.5 MB · Views: 444
  • IMG_4647.JPG
    IMG_4647.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 328
  • IMG_4648.JPG
    IMG_4648.JPG
    8.6 MB · Views: 552
  • IMG_4649.JPG
    IMG_4649.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 319
  • IMG_4650.JPG
    IMG_4650.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 311
  • IMG_4655.JPG
    IMG_4655.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_4656.JPG
    IMG_4656.JPG
    289.6 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_4658.JPG
    IMG_4658.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 303
  • IMG_4659.JPG
    IMG_4659.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 291
  • IMG_4661.JPG
    IMG_4661.JPG
    316.2 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_4663.JPG
    IMG_4663.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 290
  • IMG_4664.JPG
    IMG_4664.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 338
  • IMG_4667.JPG
    IMG_4667.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 342
Bump for some expert help with pricing! Where do you all think this should be at? Also, if I were to bring it to Denver & leave it there, do you think there would be a greater interest? Thanks in advance!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
The problem is 100-series Land Cruisers are near the bottom of their value. In the next few years, they will appreciate like the 80s and 60/62s have done. To make selling more difficult, yours is already built with quality goodies. You need to find a buyer who is looking for a built 100 series and is OK paying a premium for a built rig over buying a stock rig and building it themselves. I'd recommend advertising everywhere to improve your chances of connecting with such a buyer. In particular, I'd put it on ih8mud and Facebook Marketplace. You already have good photos which is a great start.

In terms of pricing, I don't know the market for 100s. If you're not in a hurry to sell, you can start high and slowly drop the price until you find a buyer.

And yes, you would get far more interest if it's in Denver than northern Wyoming.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Super nice, truck, man! I love me a white 100. :D

It's tough to give an idea on pricing in the current market. I like the mods you've done, but I don't know if every buyer would. I bought a stock 2000 LC a few years back in the same condition, with the same mileage for $7k. It needed a new water pump and timing belt, but that's about it. These days, however, it seems as though mildly built and fully built trucks go for much more. I don't necessarily think $15k is ridiculously high, and if you list it in a bunch of different places (i8mud, Facebook, etc.), you probably stand a better chance of getting what you want out of it. I'd also say that you should include the Rock Warriors and BFGs if you want to get top dollar, or at least post pics of the truck with the Tundra wheels and LTX wheels. Just my opinion, of course.

Lastly, I'd definitely say moving it to Denver would be a good idea. GLWTS, man!

DanInDenver

Trail Ready
It's a dizzying prospect coming up with a price.
This went for $26,000 on BAT.
Best guess is say $15k in upgrades?
You have similar components save for stage 3, rear bumper, drawers, gearing and lockers. But you also have 60k less miles.

I purchased my 99 LX in April for $6500, stock, 216k miles, one owner Denver truck.

Hey everyone, since I've been holding on to it for a bit, I realized the front brakes needed work - so they have been replaced, as have the front bearings and wiper seals. Also, I got tired of waiting on the Icons to be rebuilt, so I have a new set of OME shocks on order to go in - and the Icons will either go with so the new owner can rebuild or I'll sell separate.

If anyone is looking for a great Cruiser, would love to see her go to a good home - After having my 200 series for a bit and a work truck for M-F, I've realized it isn't fair for her to just sit in the garage and wait on being driven.

Also, I would be open to a trade for a 2015+ 4Runner (with cash on my side of course) as my wife wants to replace her VW Tiguan with a 4Runner.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
The problem is 100-series Land Cruisers are near the bottom of their value. In the next few years, they will appreciate like the 80s and 60/62s have done. To make selling more difficult, yours is already built with quality goodies. You need to find a buyer who is looking for a built 100 series and is OK paying a premium for a built rig over buying a stock rig and building it themselves. I'd recommend advertising everywhere to improve your chances of connecting with such a buyer. In particular, I'd put it on ih8mud and Facebook Marketplace. You already have good photos which is a great start.

In terms of pricing, I don't know the market for 100s. If you're not in a hurry to sell, you can start high and slowly drop the price until you find a buyer.

And yes, you would get far more interest if it's in Denver than northern Wyoming.

Dunno Matt, I think the 100's were cheaper about 3-4 years ago. When the 80s went from appreciating to crazy and the GX's took off the 100's started on a steady rise. But I own one so like to sip the appreciation kool-aid when I can :)

BlueSteel

Lifted
I don’t think you are far off on pricing. I wouldn’t show photos of tires and wheels if they aren’t going with the vehicle, it shifts buyers mind on price. I sold a pretty nice 98 LX in 2019, 200k miles for $11k..... lift, tires, arms, no bumpers, very maintained, zero rust. If you aren’t getting a ton of interest, list it in as many places as you can, take as many photos as you can. It might be exactly what one person is out there looking for. For me, I’m not going to pay top dollar for any amount of uncorrected rust and I probably won’t even look at the vehicle, especially a 100 series since they are relatively easy to find and buy for reasonable money. Good luck on your sale.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Rear locker?
Turn the snorkel scoop forward. Its fringe to place them reversed Some do it. All forward facing people think backwards is wrong. Not all backwards people think forward is wrong. So if I m a a backwards person I'll not be bothered by a forwards scoop but if I'm a forwards person I'll be suspicious of what else this owner did "his way"
I feel like you are are on the higher end of prices where people want perfection. So get it detailed inside and out, all the WY mud scrubbed off the floormats and undercarriage and tell more of the story.
"I got tired of waiting on the Icons to be rebuilt" doesn't make sense. How are you waiting but would have them for the new owner?
Take better pictures and video on your concrete driveway. Don't do that engine rev thing. LC owners don't need that.
x2 on the tire/wheel comment above,
Don't make it OBO. Cheapens your sale. I'll drive to Gilette tomorrow (or pay your gas to Denver) and take it as-is for $7,000 cash with the icons on the side. Deal? I'm totally serious but did I insult you?
Overall, seems like a solid truck that will be good for someone many years to come.
(My DD is a 2006 with 140k, ARB lockers's front and rear, otherwise stock.)

Dangler

Wincher
If we are haggling, I’ll pay $8k 🤓

Thank you all for the feedback, I am going to tweak the ad to reflect your comments and take some updated pictures as time and weather allow.

I found another set of Rock Warriors so these are staying on the hundy for the sale. As for the shocks, I currently have a set of Monroe shocks on it to get me through getting the Icons rebuilt but it took too long, so I requested them back untouched and am putting on new OMEs for the new owner (I wouldn't feel right selling it as is).

Interesting comment about the snorkel, I had never thought of that being an issue. I have it backwards to just to suck in less dust / precipitation as the 'ram air' effect of the snorkel doesn't really do anything for me. I can spin it around before I take any more pictures if it's a trigger for some folks.

As for the $7k & $8k offers, sorry but you're going to have to come up quite a bit from there haha!

Last edited: