• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Group Buy 20% off at AllTechSource.com on all WeBoost products

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
Tossing this up for the people not on Mud. This guy has done a few group buys now. This one is on the WeBoost and Wilson Pro cell boosters. The prices are 20% off of the lower listed price which makes it the best price I have found it new. I went with the same red Drive Boost with the OTR antenna that @Inukshuk is using. It came to $419 out the door. Best part is that they don't charge for sales tax or shipping to Colorado. They also ship quickly. I bought it and had a tracking code within 3 hours. The code is MUDWEBOOST

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/we...lltechsource-com.1226051/page-3#post-13384211

https://alltechsource.com/

J1000

Rising Sun Member
What's the difference between the normal and the fleet version? Also looks like there is a smaller one for $279 that has only 23db of gain compared to 50db, but looks like the same helical antenna. I wonder what the real world performance difference is.

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
The fleet versions are meant to be a more permanent installation I believe. So the power cord is hard wired (instead of 12v) and the antenna is hard mounted (instead of magnetic).

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
The fleet versions are meant to be a more permanent installation I believe. So the power cord is hard wired (instead of 12v) and the antenna is hard mounted (instead of magnetic).
What's the difference between the normal and the fleet version? Also looks like there is a smaller one for $279 that has only 23db of gain compared to 50db, but looks like the same helical antenna. I wonder what the real world performance difference is.

Items packaged. I have told them they need to make an "overlander" with the OTR antenna, Drive Reach "brain" and include both hardwired and 12v outlet.

J1000

Rising Sun Member
I got mine today, I went for the lower priced model 470235 listed at $279 and with all the discounts it was $224 shipped. We will have to do a head-to-head comparison against the higher priced model on our next outing.

8y4oYDR.jpg

Also, not related to the original post but I saw this factory refurbished unit on Amazon for a hefty discount: https://amzn.to/2J0k4Tc

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I got mine today, I went for the lower priced model 470235 listed at $279 and with all the discounts it was $224 shipped. We will have to do a head-to-head comparison against the higher priced model on our next outing.
That kit looks like a great option. Now all we need is a trip!

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
ordered!

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Bought a drive sleek for SUV 5 years ago, there is an improvement on Interstate travel. Another for my RV, 4 years ago and for stationary position, a complete waste of money. I am not suggesting they have not improved, nor that fleet version is not great. This is just my experience, using AT&T as provider.

Thanks for heads up! Ordered the Drive Reach kit yesterday, says it shipped today. Will play around with the included antenna for now, probably pickup the OTR antenna for next summer. Definitely would mean a lot more opportunity for work while camping/traveling, if I have the ability to dial into virtual meetings.