• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

100 Series blown front diff in Breck

Smakee

I’ve got a friend from Houston who just blew his front diff outside Breckenridge. He’s now in Breck at the Napa with his truck taken apart. Does anyone know where he could get his hands on, or have a 100 series front diff or ring/pinion? He’s at the start of a couple week wheeling trip so this suck for his plans. He’s a capable mechanic. Just needs the parts.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’ve got a friend from Houston who just blew his front diff outside Breckenridge. He’s now in Breck at the Napa with his truck taken apart. Does anyone know where he could get his hands on, or have a 100 series front diff or ring/pinion? He’s at the start of a couple week wheeling trip so this suck for his plans. He’s a capable mechanic. Just needs the parts.

Hey Scott, what rear is the truck, or even better what gear ratio is it?

Smakee

71190135-F6F0-44FF-810A-DC41892D2469.png

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’m guessing I might be able to get a stock carrier. I’m not sure if we have an ARB in stock. We definitely don’t have a tjm.

I’ll check.

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
Another option that I think would work is to pull the front DS and make a set of locking hubs work.potentially the easiest way to limp it home at least.

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
If you buddy needs help with anything I am in Breck and just seeing this. Have tools and a place to crash but not the parts he needs. Also if he needs a car to run around in he can borrow one of my trucks. 303-915-9528. Steve.

Smakee

If you buddy needs help with anything I am in Breck and just seeing this. Have tools and a place to crash but not the parts he needs. Also if he needs a car to run around in he can borrow one of my trucks. 303-915-9528. Steve.
Thanks! Sent him your number. His name is Sam.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Thanks Steve! Sam is a cool dude, good friend, hope we can help him out here.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey sounds like he’s got a solid option in play.

Took me a minute to grasp that a friend and I were working on the same issue. Literally had 4 different people contact me about the same diff lol. As well as another contacting my friend.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Cool to have so many friends in common and helpin'
Thanks all!