• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

For Sale SOLD SOLD SOLD100 series 2UZ complete engine with accessories

RossM

Rising Sun Member
I’m looking for a value of a complete drivetrain of my 1998 100 series. All service performed and current, mileage at the moment is 225k. Originally Colorado sold and maintained (little bit of time spent in NM and AZ) and now back in Colorado so no corrosion issues and has been well maintained since birth. I’m the 3rd owner and hoping for some price guidance. I will provide compression numbers as well as video of it starting/running/driving.

I’m removing the drivetrain and it needs a new home. Could be a replacement 100 series or could be an 80 series swap. Fantastic condition through and through. I need to know what it’s worth for either application. I’m hoping for serious info and fair estimates for a complete drivetrain from my truck.
Thank you for your help

Last edited:

RossM

Rising Sun Member
Hello all, I am updating this thread again. Transmission is SOLD. ENGINE and related engine accessories are still available. Transfer case I am keeping for now.

The engine, engine cover, charcoal canister, fuel pickup, ECU, propeller shafts and miscellaneous other gasser related items are removed and are ready for you. The current mileage when removed was 240K miles. I have video of cold start, it doesn't appear to produce smoke and it doesn't leak. I tried to upload without success. If you are serious, PM me and I will email the videos. I have compression numbers I can provide.

I am asking $1750 for remaining engine items. Reach out with any questions or serious cash offers.

I want to sell it complete. I understand that ebay and other online parts sellers may have these individually and or for less but there are certain headaches that can go with buying from an out of state seller, without known (honest) service history and then having to ship with all of the joys that brings (such as freight damage and incorrect or missing parts). This is local and in nice shape. PM if you are serious. Thank you for your interest.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    884.5 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_3164.JPG
    IMG_3164.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_3175 (3).JPG
    IMG_3175 (3).JPG
    718.1 KB · Views: 197
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    893.5 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
Hey Ross - I think you have this priced fairly, looking at the commercial market. It also sounds like you did a better job documenting it's condition prior to disconnecting it than most.

There have been a 2UZs needing to be replaced over on the mud forums in the last month or two. If I see something pop up will definitely refer them to this thread.

ccslider

Hard Core 4+
Hey Ross - I think you have this priced fairly, looking at the commercial market. It also sounds like you did a better job documenting it's condition prior to disconnecting it than most.

There have been a 2UZs needing to be replaced over on the mud forums in the last month or two. If I see something pop up will definitely refer them to this thread.
Glad you approve

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Ross, I sent you a PM.

Last edited:

RossM

Rising Sun Member
Bump. Price adjustment.

RossM

Rising Sun Member
Updated

RossM

Rising Sun Member
Hey gang, I need to get this engine with accessories and full Factory exhaust to a new home. Someone make me a serious cash offer and come and get it. It's sitting on a pallet ready to go. Been stored out of weather since being removed from my UZJ100.

(The transfer case is not for sale)

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee