FREE 100 Series “KISS” Rear Drawers - Free

shellb

Hard Core 4+
Hi Folks,

I need to change up my 100 Series rear storage set up and would like to pass these along to someone building out their rig.

Long story, short, thought I had a good place to keep new pup but he ate my second row seat back (cloth no less) and now he’s going to be 100% in a crate.

Good condition, full kit and spouse friendly price...6 pack of your favorite beer and maybe gps coordinate of a camp spot you’d like to share!

Ideally you’d meet at my place (Erie) and we could swap them into your rig. They’re currently still installed in my cruiser.

PM for contact info!

Attachments

• BC80DC55-AF5D-4E68-8ED8-7DFEA348B69A.jpeg
    BC80DC55-AF5D-4E68-8ED8-7DFEA348B69A.jpeg
    287.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
Hi Folks,

I need to change up my 100 Series rear storage set up and would like to pass these along to someone building out their rig.

Long story, short, thought I had a good place to keep new pup but he ate my second row seat back (cloth no less) and now he’s going to be 100% in a crate.

Good condition, full kit and spouse friendly price...6 pack of your favorite beer and maybe gps coordinate of a camp spot you’d like to share!

Ideally you’d meet at my place (Erie) and we could swap them into your rig. There’re currently still installed in my cruiser.

PM for contact info!

Don't suppose you could take pics of how they go together could you? I've really toyed with this idea for the next set of drawers in our Troopy, but I just can't figure out how the extruded aluminum bolts together & they don't offer a troopy kit, so I'd have to figure it all out myself.

Beyond that, super generous offer! I hope you get some good Cruiser Karma out of it.
Thanks,
Abe

shellb

Hard Core 4+
Hi Abe - Great question and I will certainly take some detailed pics when swapping them into the next cruiser!

They’ve been in for awhile but I recall them being relatively simple and elegant in design. KISS for sure.

Brett

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
Don't suppose you could take pics of how they go together could you? I've really toyed with this idea for the next set of drawers in our Troopy, but I just can't figure out how the extruded aluminum bolts together & they don't offer a troopy kit, so I'd have to figure it all out myself.

Beyond that, super generous offer! I hope you get some good Cruiser Karma out of it.
Thanks,
Abe

The key to these is the use of the 80/20 brand UHMW slides that fit into the 80/20 slots. They are fairly expensive though which is why I suspect that Land Shark has gone in a different direction. Here is the part link https://8020.net/6710.html

The bones of the system are essentially 3 rectangles of 80/20 that go from the front of the vehicle to the back and are equally spaced. The 80/20 is held together with a plywood base and a solid plywood top with wings. The drawers then slot into the 3 lower 80/20 extrusions. The 80/20 extrusions are just connected with a simple 80/20 90 degree fitting. I believe that these might be the 90 degree connectors https://8020.net/14058.html You can see the design in post 1 that uses an xray picture from a CAD program https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/kiss-drawers-keep-it-simple-storage-for-100-series.942639/

Does that make any sense? It will be a spendy set of drawers.

On another note, I have the Kiss drawers and they are good and bad. The biggest issue that I have is that the plywood base doesn't really secure it to the floor as well as I would like. This leads to my fridge on top of the drawers being able to rattle around a bit. I got around this with using some tie down straps, but I don't want to use that as a permanent solution.

Last edited: