• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

'06 4Runner - how best to lift 2-3"?

K

Kurt

:confused:
i like the new '06 4 runner, but would like to add a 2-3 inch lift - it is just much lower than my old '86. should i go body or suspension - what is best? i don't want anything extreme, want to minimize replacing parts, and would like to be able to do it myself on a weekend. any shops you recommend and trust? any parts places that carry lift kits for '06 4runner you'd recommend? some friends say go body, others say suspension, and now i am totally undecided. initially i liked the body the best, but...

signed...undecided (any help much appreciated)

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Go suspension, sliders, custom bumpers (front then rear) then 33's.

I don't really know 4th gens very well, but it looks like the bumpers are huge and would need to be replaced to really wheel with 33's. Which is what you want to do anyway. That would be a cool rig.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Body lifts are lame, IMO, I vote go suspension. Shops I'd recommend are Alatao Auto 303-340-5960, Offroad Solutions, and Sleeoffroad

But you may be surprised how much you can actually do at stock height, with sliders. hth..

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I'll 2nd that body lifts are not the best. My personal experience is that they add a tremendous amount of leverage to the body mounts. Eventually they will tear out. Also, body lifts raise your center of gravity.