Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 05-12-2017, 12:36 AM
Wincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapdaddy View Post
Hey Everybody,

wanted to thank the Rising Sun group for putting this event on. We came out from Missouri for our second year with the 55 and had a great time. Low range kept kicking out, so that sidelined us for the last run. Wheeled with some really nice people and met a lot of new friends. Looking forward to next year and thanks again for putting up with us.

All the hard work does not go unnoticed!

Best Regards,
Scrapdaddy
Ron...wondered why we didn't see you on Fins 'n Things Saturday. Would have been nice to have both Pigs on the same run. Sorry for your problem and also sorry we didn't get to say goodbye. See you in mid-June

Thanks also to Rising Sun for a great event. It was our third but the first time we've been able to take it all in and do the runs. Impressive organization and execution all the way from tech to checking out on Sunday.
Thanks to all....

Jim

Last edited by riderjgs; 05-12-2017 at 12:37 AM. Reason: duplication
Old 05-13-2017, 12:19 PM
Rising Sun Member

Here's a few more from the Kokopelli trail.
https://youtu.be/17f5dCh6wIM

https://youtu.be/NjwyVr1a5YU
Old 05-18-2017, 03:45 PM
Rising Sun Member

Had a great time at Cruise Moab again this year. I left early this year and discovered a new and beautiful route. First night I spent above Colorado National Monument. Tuesday I went down through Gateway and checked out The beautiful car museum there. FROM Gateway I headed straight West for the La Sal mountains into the snow. Let's just say that greasy mud was fun pulling a trailer.
In Moab I wound up camping on the Colorado River this year. Thursday I ran Seven Mile, which was uneventful but more fun than last year as everyone was hitting the obstacles. Friday for me was Poison Spider Mesa with the Prophets. A few breakdowns and one vehicle left on the trail. Luckily they recovered Donny's truck the next day fully intact.
Saturday was a chore and a blast. Kane Creek! I would highly recommend 35s or taller tires for this run. I struggled with 33s and the only other on 33s a Cruiser had to be strapped and winched in a couple spots. I took some body damage in the squeeze and Hamburger Hill lived up to its name. We got out of the creek just in time! As we finished airing up the downpour came and flash floods are no joke in the desert.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited by TacoDane; 05-18-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:52 PM
Rising Sun Member

On the way out of town watched a hot air balloon get pushed up on Sevenmile Rim, his chase crew had a long trail to go pick him up. Then I found a ghost town to explore before heading home.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:36 PM
Disappointing

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDane View Post
Saturday was a chore and a blast. Kane Creek! I would highly recommend 35s or taller tires for this run. I struggled with 33s and the only other Cruiser on 33s had to be strapped and winched in a couple spots. I took some body damage in the squeeze and Hamburger Hill lived up to its name. We got out of the creek just in time! As we finished airing up the downpour came and flash floods are no joke in the desert.
It was great wheelin' with you, Dane. You didn't struggle nearly as much as the guy in the FJ Cruiser. Sorry about your body damage.
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · LinkedIn · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:47 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
It was great wheelin' with you, Dane. You didn't struggle nearly as much as the guy in the FJ Cruiser. Sorry about your body damage.
It's all good. I took far more damage in the hail storm last Monday. $5k damage actually and my insurance is trying to only give me $3200. About to say screw it and commit this truck to a trail rig.
Oh and thanks for leading Matt it was truly a fun and memorable run.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:59 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDane View Post
It's all good. I took far more damage in the hail storm last Monday. $5k damage actually and my insurance is trying to only give me $3200. About to say screw it and commit this truck to a trail rig.
Oh and thanks for leading Matt it was truly a fun and memorable run.

Geez, you can't catch a break!

Travis Hurley- Founder/Owner
Outer Limit Supply | 720-987-4202
Est. 2014 | Littleton, Colorado
www.outerlimitsupply.com
www.outerlimitsupply.com | travis@outerlimitsupply.com
Old 05-18-2017, 11:01 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja1d View Post
Geez, you can't catch a break!

Travis Hurley- Founder/Owner
Outer Limit Supply | 720-987-4202
Est. 2014 | Littleton, Colorado
www.outerlimitsupply.com
Meh, such is life ya know.
Treeroot is the one who really took it bad in the hail. I cant imagine having something like 12 personal vehicles damaged.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:28 AM
Rising Sun Member

Would anyone be interested in writing a story for Toyota Trails? Could be about anything Cruise Moab related.

Cruise Moab is one of the VERY few TLCA sanctioned events. All CM attendees must be TLCA members and must own a TLCA qualifying vehicle. Rubithon is the only other large event that has these requirements. We should be celebrating the fact that Rising Sun continues to lead the way in TLCA involvement and support.

_D710432 by Stan Wright, on Flickr

"A man's greatest strides are made without taking a single step"

Toyota Trails Magazine Managing Editor
OutdoorX4 Magazine Staff
100s in the Hills Co-Director
Old 06-06-2017, 11:33 AM
Rock Stacker

First timer here. I had a great time at a well organized event. It was nice to finally actually meet a bunch of TLCA/ih8mudders folks in person. I can't believe it took me 20 years to finally do the drive out to Moab. The next time will definitely be in less than 20 years. I hope to see some of you guys at our 30th anniversary Rubithon next year.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=4c700dcd0d