Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 01-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Cruise Moab 2018

I have my site at SlickRock reserved (#68). Now we need to find out where the headquarters will be. I think we'll be bringing the '40 and the 100 this year.

We also rented a bumper pull trailer that will be set up when we arrive and taken down after we leave. This is much better than hauling a rented trailer over the Rockies.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:12 PM
Cruise Moab Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendocino View Post
I have my site at SlickRock reserved (#68). Now we need to find out where the headquarters will be. I think we'll be bringing the '40 and the 100 this year.

We also rented a bumper pull trailer that will be set up when we arrive and taken down after we leave. This is much better than hauling a rented trailer over the Rockies.
Note that we may or may not be at SRCG this year. The guy who owns the lot where we normally put the tent refuses to commit to renting us that lot until mid-March, which is way too late for pulling our permits, so we are actively looking for an alternative place to set up the tent for vendor night and the dinner/raffle.
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 01-14-2018, 08:47 PM
Hard Core 4+

Thanks Jeff. I was at the meeting and heard this. I'll take a risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeppa View Post
Note that we may or may not be at SRCG this year. The guy who owns the lot where we normally put the tent refuses to commit to renting us that lot until mid-March, which is way too late for pulling our permits, so we are actively looking for an alternative place to set up the tent for vendor night and the dinner/raffle.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:38 PM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeppa View Post
Kane springs campground (formally known as Kane creek) does have a large group site area, lots of camping space, showers down the road, but there isn't any Wi-Fi, or telephone service.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:43 PM
Club Treasurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
Kane springs campground (formally known as Kane creek) does have a large group site area, lots of camping space, showers down the road, but there isn't any Wi-Fi, or telephone service.
Thanks for the tip! Seems like every potential choice is a compromise of some kind ...

95 FZJ80 LC Red
99 UZJ100 LC Black
00 VZN185 4Runner Highlander Jade
Old 01-15-2018, 03:13 PM
Cruise Moab Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
Thanks Fullmetal. There are two other sites along Kane Creek road we have been investigating, and as you note, lack of infrastructure is an issue in that area. Due to the geography, line of sight prevents cell coverage and I don't know if any of the ISPs have strung fiber or cable that far up the creek.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:34 PM
Rock Stacker

I can look tomorrow and see if there is any fiber strung up to the campground. It may be on the pole but not a service ran to the campground.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:01 PM
Cruise Moab Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhansen View Post
I can look tomorrow and see if there is any fiber strung up to the campground. It may be on the pole but not a service ran to the campground.
Thanks, I called and their voice mailbox was full, so I sent an email from registration@cruisemoab.com.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:51 AM
Rock Stacker

Jeff,
There is that very large parking area just north of Archway Inn that is at least the size of the usual spot. Maybe they'd want too much but it would be worth talking to them about renting a big portion of it. Even at CM time of year there is a lot of open space there not being used.
Another suggestion might be to contact Red Rock 4 wheelers and see if they have any good spots to suggest.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:30 PM
Rock Stacker

There is a underground phone line that runs out Kane springs. I saw a junction box at the entrance of the campground. The service provider is Fronteir.