Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 09-10-2017, 08:09 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default The best laid plans...

How's the rest of that saying go? The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. That's it.

We had plans today of taking a cruise up and over Boreas Pass, look for some fall color, shoot some photos and hopefully create some new portfolio images for Roxy. As we went by the Coney Island Hot Dog on 285 all of that changed. I wouldn't have called the weather atrocious. It is, after all, September in the Colorado mountains so anything really is possible. But, the rain definitely put a damper on things.

I decided that maybe we could jump over Guanella to bypass, or even get ahead, of the weather. Not the case. South side of Guanella was raining steady with thunder in the distance.

We stopped at the summit lot for a few photos. Bec has been asking me to come up with some new imagery for the new ballet studio she's helping startup. Jump out in the drizzle. Unpack a tutu and some pointe shoes. Rip off a couple of quick with the weather and Bierstadt looking in the background. Grab one of the truck in pavement princess mode.

A mile down the road on the north side and the weather clears although it's dark down in the valley over Georgetown.

We mosey down the mountain, stopping here and there for some other images. Hang the tutu in a tree. Dangle pointe shoes off a boom stand. Take a landscape.

Eventually we got down into the clouds and rain in Georgetown, merged into the Sunday traffic on I70 and headed home.

Definitely nice to be up high in the clean, cool air. The drizzle and rain were welcome additions to the day. At least for me. Ready for some cooler temps down here in town.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Disappointing

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Fall color is already happening in the mountains. Cool shots.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:58 PM
Hard Core 4+

Thanks Matt.