Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 09-04-2017, 11:20 AM
Rising Sun Member

Sorry Romer with the glare on your windshield I couldn't see it was you. Wish I had stopped to say hi! Didn't know you guys were running this till I saw the RS stickers on Dave's shell. It would've been cool to finally meet you Dave.

I haven't run it the way you guys did. Running it from Camp Dick to the Res I would say it's not stock friendly. Stock 4Rs tend to turtle in the rock garden where you first come in. My first time on this trail I almost ripped off my stock front bumper. I'm up a true 3" on 33s and I still HAD to use my sliders in a couple spots. Water was also low yesterday.

The tan 80 that was with us high centered in the main water crossing. He went out playing while we ate rather than waiting for us to show him where the hidden rocks were XD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2017, 11:52 AM
Rising Sun Member

I was thinking as you guys pulled off for us, a bunch of Toyotas, they should have been running with us
16 RX450
16 Kimberley Karavan

Old 09-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Rising Sun Member

Hadn't seen you guys decided to run MSV or I would've tried getting these guys to join. It was my auto body guy and some of his friends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2017, 01:30 AM
Wincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
It was nice to meet you Jeff> You have a nice 80. You would fit right in with the club

Here are a few more shots from Rachel and Wes. Her GX470 did great. They both said it was much smoother then her 4runner and handled the trail better. That's because it is a Land Cruiser . Land Cruiser Prado 120 series To bad you can't buy the Land Cruiser version here in the states
Can't get a Prado but you can get all of the badging if you wanted to "transform" it into a Land Cruiser Prado.

Old 09-05-2017, 05:02 PM
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
It was nice to meet you Jeff> You have a nice 80. You would fit right in with the club

Here are a few more shots from Rachel and Wes. Her GX470 did great. They both said it was much smoother then her 4runner and handled the trail better. That's because it is a Land Cruiser . Land Cruiser Prado 120 series To bad you can't buy the Land Cruiser version here in the states

Attached Images

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"