Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 05-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Trail Ready

Name:  IMG_20150430_170047882.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  159.2 KB
A nice turbo 80series on body snatcher obstacle on Golden Spike Thursday. When my new to offroading passengers heard
the name of this obstacle they decided they would just watch lol. It is easy to get pushed into the rock.
But its not like your going to die which they learned after watching a few rigs go through it. One 80 did take some
damage on this, but not bad.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Rising Sun Member

How about someone from the Swell Run writing an article for Toyota Trails? $$ is available!

"A man's greatest strides are made without taking a single step"

Toyota Trails Magazine Managing Editor
OutdoorX4 Magazine Staff
100s in the Hills Co-Director
Old 05-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Rising Sun Member

My favorite 80..... belongs to a really good buddy, but it's what I'm planning for mine. Kokopelli Expedition 2015
Attached Images

OutdoorX4 Magazine Staff
Old 05-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Rising Sun Member

Nice truck!
Nice pic!
Old 05-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Rising Sun Member

I was fortunate enough to have a kid named Spencer on my Kokopelli Expedition. He's 19 years old and full of passion for everything Land Cruiser. He also drives a 40 that's more than twice as old as he is. How cool is that?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Toyot...9759748?ref=hl
Attached Images

OutdoorX4 Magazine Staff

Last edited by Fishy; 05-06-2015 at 02:19 AM.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Wasatch Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
Had a great time with a great group on my first cruise moab event! Thanks to Kurt for leading a great first day on Devils Race Track and Eva Connover trails...
Absolutely my pleasure. I enjoy showing folks around and our club has a great time hosting everyone at Lone Warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
How about someone from the Swell Run writing an article for Toyota Trails? $$ is available!
If nobody tosses their name in the hat, I'm sure I can find track someone down. This was year 7 and we'd love to see something in print about the event.

Quote:
I was fortunate enough to have a kid named Spenser on my Kokopelli Expedition. He's 19 years old and full of passion for everything Land Cruiser. He also drives a 40 that's more than twice as old as he is. How cool is that?
Spencer is a great kid and his enthusiasm for Cruisers is exciting. He's got the attention span of a 2x4 but we're working on that Cruise Moab beat him and his rig to death, beyond the FJ40 issues on the Kokopelli and back in Moab, his FJ80 lost it's starter at Arches and he lost his wallet in Green River. I asked him today if he'll be going back... he seemed to indicate yes
Please call or email for pricing, tech, stock check, etc
Join us on Facebook
Old 05-06-2015, 02:22 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseroutfit View Post
Spencer is a great kid and his enthusiasm for Cruisers is exciting. He's got the attention span of a 2x4 but we're working on that Cruise Moab beat him and his rig to death, beyond the FJ40 issues on the Kokopelli and back in Moab, his FJ80 lost it's starter at Arches and he lost his wallet in Green River. I asked him today if he'll be going back... he seemed to indicate yes
You should have seen the look on his face when he sheared all the bolts on the knuckle and ripped the brake line off. The wheel and hub were just lying in the dirt. I was slightly worried about bringing him to Top of the World for fear he might just jump off.

This isn't a trip he'll soon forget.

OutdoorX4 Magazine Staff
Old 05-06-2015, 06:41 AM
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseroutfit View Post

At least he didn't loose his cc at the raffle and dinner.

Looks like another successful CM. Been enjoying the pics!! I was hiding away at the ranch in Evergreen this year.

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 05-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJBRADY View Post

Good times again this year. Not as fun in camp without your party group this year, Randy.

SL was probably the grossest it has been for me with all of the cotton this year.....it will take me some time to clean up all the crap I have siting in the garage right now.
I agree with Steve, the back row was pretty much dead. I spend some time with Brady and family around the fire but nothing like years past. Then again I only came in my Ford street truck and went the RZR route.

I have to agree with Steve regarding the conditions of SR, the campground was covered in "snow" when I got there on Thursday. Just opening your window for a minute filled my truck with a flurry of cotton "balls". I hope to return next year for CM but will definitely be staying somewhere else. I know this has been discussed to death and SR is pretty much the only place that will have the event but I would suggest continuing to look for another campground that is willing to host the event.

One idea might be for the entire check in procedure to be held in the big tent and discontinue using SR for anything official if that hasn't happened already. I know it is really nice to be all camped in one area and close to the action but I do not believe it is worth it for me anymore.

Besides that I would like to thank the committee, they did a great job. I only heard positive things this year, besides the cotton that they do not control. The food was good, the prices were great and from what I heard the trail leaders and gunners did a great job.

Again thank you CM committee for a great job well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Looking for a Troopy or 40, 45 BJ 4-5

Sold 85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped Totaled May 2013 Finally replace with 2010 Mega Cab nearly the same No more slow lane for me
Old 05-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
My favorite 80..... belongs to a really good buddy, but it's what I'm planning for mine. Kokopelli Expedition 2015
Great calendar shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Looking for a Troopy or 40, 45 BJ 4-5

Sold 85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped Totaled May 2013 Finally replace with 2010 Mega Cab nearly the same No more slow lane for me